Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Party 2008











This is our 19th (?) year give or take a couple of years to have a pumpkin carving party. Last year, we changed it to the kids pumpkin carving party where they invited their friends instead of us inviting ours. :(

We had 6 girls and 5 boys plus a couple of adults hanging around and 2 dogs. There were pumpkin guts all over the back porch, but lots of laughter and fun.

After they were done carving they ate "Zombie Brain Soup" (chili), "Mummy dogs" (pigs in a blanket) and "Bat Wings with Zombie Ear wax" (blue corn chips and queso).
Of course, no pumpkin carving party is complete without karaoke and Guitar Hero? While they were doing that, I walked outside to look at all the pumpkins and spotted something in the middle of the yard. It was one shoe...Someone was wandering around without a shoe and I hadn't heard anything about it. Of course, it belonged to a boy! I still haven't carved my pumpkin and I'm not sure it's going to get done tonight. I'm beat!

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

How fun! I love the names for the food...I may steal those :)