Monday, January 26, 2009

And the diagnosis is...

Sever's (Seaver's) disease. This is what Michael has. It's not a disease. The doctor couldn't even tell me why they call it that. Basically, there is an inflammation in the heel growth plate. It's probably due to rapid growth. It's also something that he will more than likely have to deal with until that closes up. So, for now he's gellin' (ha) and has to do PT for a couple of weeks. He also can take Ibuprofen if he can tolerate it. We tried it for a week (yes, with food), but his stomach started giving him fits. We're going to try a lower dose and see what happens with that.

Our fun story tonight was our dinner. I tried to cook a pork tenderloin. This was not the first time. When the timer went off, the bottom was cooked, but the top was raw. It was not an attractive sight! We determined that something must be wrong with the top heating element in the oven. The power went off today, so I don't know if that messed something up or not. Anyway, I thought maybe we should try the broil setting to see if it worked. We finished cooking the pork on broil, opened the oven and the cool air busted my Pampered Chef bar pan. Dang! Then in the midst of all that, we messed up the mashed potatoes. You could slice them! Then I dropped a box of baking soda while looking for something in the pantry, Kevin got up to get more potatoes and flipped the spoon out of the bowl. In the process of trying to catch the spoon, he busted his hand on the granite. As all that was happening, I was sitting back down at the table and busted my knee on the edge of it. Whew! What an exciting meal. After dinner, I apologized for the meal and my sweet husband said, " you could have cooked a normal meal and we could have had a normal dinner, but instead, you created a fun memory." And that's why we are still married after 20 years! Sorry there are no pictures to post! LOL!

1 comment:

MamaToTyAndTodd said...

Love the story about your dinner.....