Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wednesday at Dollywood

Wednesday we went to Dollywood. There are really only 3 good rides there - all of them roller coasters. I used to love roller coasters when I was younger. Now...not so much. I like them after the first hill, or so I thought. The first coaster we road was the Tennessee Tornado. There are 3 loops on that one. After we got off, I was very dizzy. The boys road it twice. Then we road the Mystery Mine. Most of that one was indoors, so you couldn't see what it did. What we could see was a little crazy. There was a 90 degree drop and a loop where it went really slow. It didn't look too bad, so we all did it. It was the craziest ride I have ever been on. There were 2 sections where you went straight up at 90 degrees. I can't even tell you what else it did. I think I have blocked it from my mind. The last coaster we road was Thunderhead. Apparently, it's one of the fastest wooded roller coasters in the nation. It was also crazy. Emily was done after the Mystery Mine, so she didn't ride on that one. They road the water ride 4 times in a row - real smart - and were soaked for the rest of the day. It was about 68 degrees yesterday. Needless to say, they were a little chilly last night. Michael went back and road the Tennessee Tornado and Thunderhead before we left. I think he has finally found his inner-daredevil. I'll post pictures later. I'm almost caught up on the week!

No comments: