Monday, May 12, 2008

The boy and the missing jacket

About 2 months ago, Michael came home from school without his really cool zip up hoodie. I asked him where it was and he said "I don't know". That is a typical response from my boy. I told him to look on the playground and in lost and found when he went back to school the next day. So, he comes home the next day and I ask him if he found his jacket and he says that he couldn't find it. Now Michael is really bad about not finding things when he looks for them. I would like to say that he gets that from his father, but I'm afraid he gets it from me. I cannot lie. Anyway, this same conversation took place pretty much the whole week - "did you find your jacket?" "No". I finally decided that some hoodlum from school lifted it and it would never be seen again. It wouldn't fit him next year, anyway.

Fast forward to today. Michael was a car rider today. I was a little late getting in the carpool line and I was looking for him to make sure that he didn't get on the bus. He wore a bright orange shirt to school today, so I was looking for a boy in an orange shirt. Emily finally spotted him, but he wasn't wearing an orange shirt. He was wearing his lost jacket. He gets in the car and I said "Michael, you found your jacket! Where was it?" He proceeds to tell me that some boy found it UNDERNEATH A BENCH ON THE PLAYGROUND"! So this jacket has been outside for 2 MONTHS and Michael is wearing it. I told to take it off immediately! It had to be filthy. His response was to put his hands in his pockets and say "It just has some dirt and leaves in the pockets". Gag! Who knows what all is on that jacket after being outside for 2 months. It's a good thing he's so cute!

No comments: