Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday...Our last full day in DC:(

We have had such a good visit here in DC. I highly recommend visiting here. There is so much to do. I thought we could do it all, but I was wrong. Yes, I said I was WRONG. Anyway, we have seen a lot of things.

Today we toured the Capital with Interns from our Congressman's office. They were maybe 19 and 21? We saw the House Floor where the President holds the State of the Union address, the Rotunda, a beautiful view of Washington Monument. Ask Kevin how many pictures he has of the Monument! We got to travel through the tunnels connecting the Capital, Library of Congress and Madison Building. There were many more things that we saw there, but I can't remember all the names right now.

After our tour, we went to the Library of Congress. Yet another huge beautiful building. It was there that we hit a wall ( figuratively!). I decided that my brain couldn't hold any more information. I decided it was time to eat, so we ate at the cafeteria in the top of the Madison building.

Our final stop of the day was the Old Post Office. Since we were unable to go to the top of the Washington Monument we were told this was the next best thing. Actually, we were told it was a better view that from the Washington Monument. It wasn't as high, but I think it was a better view of the whole city and it has bigger windows.

On our way back up the street, we bought all the crazy souvenirs - homeboy caps and sunglasses, fake Coach, Prada and Dolce Gabbana purses. Tomorrow we'll probably try to go to at least 1 more museum before we head to the airport.

Until tomorrow night...

1 comment:

Tori said...

haha sounds fun!! i am happy for you guys getting to see all that. we didn't go see like the library of congress and stuff but... it was a good trip.
my teacher said when the 8th graders went to dc all the boys got gangsta hats and so thats funny that you saw them too... but those people that sell dc stuff are everywhere!!
oh and by the way is there an h in dolche and gabbana? or is it dolce? idk!
i'm going to a friends house now... but here is one of my friends blogs... www.tylersfriends.blogspot.com
he lives next to my friends house that i'm going to but right now he is at st. jude's in memphis... they have a house there...
well i'll ttyl
love,
tori