Sunday, May 4, 2008

Crazy Weekend!

This has been one of those whirlwind weekends. Friday, Kevin and I drove to Louisville for the Kentucky Oaks. As all you Kentuckians know, it was a lousy day! The weather was horrible. I think we watched 2 races outside. The rest were seen on a TV monitor inside with 100,000 other people! Fun! We finally gave up after the 7th race when there was no hope of the rain stopping. Kevin and our neighbor got contraband umbrellas from the gate (out of the dumpster) and we walked back to the car in the downpour. Along the way we were mooned by a very inebriated teen. Welcome to Louisville!
Saturday we had a yard sale in the morning, Em's volleyball game at 12:00 and a Derby party at 4:00. I don't know why I create so much stress in my life. Anyway, it turned out to be a good party, except for the very sad Derby race.
Last night I started losing my voice and today isn't any better. The kids think it's funny when I talk and they are trying to make me laugh, because that is even funnier.
Kevin wants everyone to know that 3 pieces of pie in a day are too many. Words to live by! I guess that's it for today. We're done with craziness for now - until my Derby Bunko party tomorrow night!

No comments: